Thursday, December 8, 2011

Freedom and confusion at the end of the day

Luckily I am now done all my work for other courses, so I can pretty much submit all my time to OSD, which I am pretty happy about. Things are moving around quite randomly with the mouselock implementation at the moment, making trying to contribute to it fairly difficult... NorthWind and myself have been trying to get a piece of work for the reviews for the past few hours, but have been unable to find anyone to give us a solid answer on how things are being distributed. The IRC channel has been surprisingly dead considering it is the end of the semester, perhaps not everyone is scrambling to finish work for other courses at the time. So for the time being, I'm avoiding working on it entirely, as I don't want to end up wasting my time or breaking someone else's work. I would have hoped it worked out like the test assignment did, that we all had a central point to contact (in the case of the test assignment, rhung) to figure out who was doing what and how things were supposed to flow together, but alas, no dice.

Instead I am getting back to work on my involvement in the CubicVR project. I have been assigned the task of migrating an octree implementation into CubicVR and removing the current implementation. I am hoping to have this fully implemented and tested before next week, and have it land next week. Hopefully this will suffice for my 0.4 assignment. Luckily I already have a decent understanding of how octrees work, so the migration will hopefully be a piece of cake.

If people start showing up and talking in the IRC channel at some point today, I am likely to redirect my efforts back to the mouselock, but until then, I'll put myself to work on CubicVR.

No comments:

Post a Comment