Sunday, October 30, 2011

CubicVR Issue 30 - 0.2 Tester

So I finished the first run through of the material tester. I decided to develop more of a testing platform instead of a simple tester for materials, allowing the user to use and tweak the settings of the tester on the fly. I only managed to incorporate three basic material types into the tester, but the basic lighting and and dynamic object creation component seems to work. I plan on hopefully having this tester finished by 0.3, working with all materials and all lights, as well as other things that may end up conflicting in the system. It can be accessed here https://github.com/CloudScorpion/CubicVR.js/blob/issue30-dev/tests/material%20regen/Material%20Test.html

The other issue I am working on is the dirty material issue. I couldn't figure out much else to do other than simply adding the dirty flag variable to the materials and incorporating it with my previous changes. It can be accessed here https://github.com/CloudScorpion/CubicVR.js/blob/issue30-dev/source/CubicVR.Material.js

So that will hopefully suffice for 0.2. Hopefully I will have more time to sink into 0.3 than I did into 0.2 but only time will tell. I'm still unsure if I am supposed to submit this 0.2 somewhere, I haven't found anything about it on the wiki, hopefully I can contact David Humphry today to find where I can submit this stuff, if I even have to...

No comments:

Post a Comment