Thursday, November 12, 2009

A return to form

For the last while, I haven't been paying the same love and attention to OOP344 as I usually do to my C++ programing courses. Enough of that, I'm back into the coding mood, by the looks of things, my group will have A2 done by the end of this week. Which means I have to haul ass and finish my assigned work too, so I will be getting back to my roots of all-nighters coding C++ until my eyes bleed. This may sound bad but it makes me happy. Even once we are done A2, we will be adding a megaton of features, hopefully, so that this text editor (which will actually be a text editor when we get a some file manipulation functions going) will be seriously worth its salt.
I plan to make a formatting tool for it, which will, upon activation, format the text into properly indented and stylized C++ bundle of code, and I also hope to make it so that it highlights and colors in braces, quoted words, functions ect. Now I'll give credit where its due, I will likely be using a similar method to the one tdot posted on his blogg (and no I won't link you to it, find it yourself) because he seems to have it nicely explained there.
Anyways, I figured it was about time I updated this blogg again, but now I must tie it up because I have some classes to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment