Thursday, October 29, 2009

My blogg is hungry...

I have been neglecting my blogg for some time now, probably due to lack of excitement, but Fardad insisted I feed it so it didn't whither up and die. So, to the point, the irc meeting, which was conducted on Wednesday, went down with a fair level of success. Fardad wasn't too strict on how the meeting was to be conducted, so I was allowed to goof around a bit as to keep myself from getting disinterested in the whole affair. He made sure the four of us had a reasonable understanding of SVN and how to organize our group, plus gave us a hand with a few things to prevent future conflicts. He also helped give us a grasp how much our group members understood in terms of SVN and A2 as a whole. While most of this turn out well, I would suggest to everyone that you listen in on other group meetings, as there were a few things he didn't cover with my group that he did cover with others.
When it comes to the actual assignment, I went ahead and grabbed the io_field section to write, which I'll have done by the end of next week. I also plan to write a formatting program in my spare time, because I really hate some of the things my group decided on for the coding standards, so instead of pestering myself by abiding by them while I code, which would wear down my productivity, I plan to just write a formatting program that will swap my code between my format and theirs. If I finish this and it works, I am willing to provide the binary program (to hell with open source XD) to all those who suffer a similar ailment.

No comments:

Post a Comment